Chattahoochee River Park Rules
- Beware -- Whitewater rivers contain many hazards which are not always easily recognized
- Wear a helmet and a personal flotation device/life jacket
- Have strong, properly sized paddles or oars for controlling your craft
- Be sure your boat and gear are in good repair and meet all requirements for whitewater with high turbulence
- Paddle water appropriate to your skills.
- Watch for fallen tree limbs, bridge piers, and other hazards.
- Don’t paddle alone.
- Do not paddle in flood stage or after a heavy rain.
- Never fish, wade or boat too close to the face of a dam
- Be a competent swimmer, with the ability to handle yourself underwater
- Do not boat out of control
- Have a frank knowledge of your boating ability
- Boaters should be trained in rescue skills, CPR, and first aid
- Carry equipment needed for unexpected emergencies
- No inner tubes, air mattresses or similar floatation devices are allowed on the river.
- Use only noninflatable watercraft that is designed by manufacturer for whitewater use.
- Use only inflatable watercraft that has multiple air chambers, at least 12.5 feet long, outside tube diameter of at least 17 inches, made of a tough durable laminated material and is of commercial grade for whitewater use
- Individual users/boaters are ultimately responsible for their on safety, and must assume sole responsibility for the use of the river
- River users who do not follow these rules will be required to leave the Chattahoochee River Park or be subject to a disorderly conduct charge
- Enter the Chattahoochee River Park, Chattahoochee River and River Boundaries at your own risk
- Water Subject to Sudden Rise and Dangerous Turbulence
- When Alarm Sounds Proceed Immediately to Shore
- Only those with whitewater experience should attempt to navigate the rapids on the river from this point
- It shall be unlawful for any person to be in the river without a personnel flotation device (life jacket). The device must be U.S. Coast Guard Approved “Ord. No. 12-52”
- Only approved commercial outfitters are allowed access to the river for commercial purposes
Chattahoochee River Whitewater News
Chattahoochee River Whitewater Photos
Chattahoochee River Whitewater Videos